Divorce Help


Whether you are the Petitioner or the Respondent we can help you through the divorce process. Using our years of practical experience as family law solicitors we will help you prepare all documents through to decree absolute. You do not need to have a solicitor to obtain a decree of divorce you just need to complete the forms properly to demonstrate to the Court that your marriage has irretrievably broken down. We can assist you as follows:

Application to dismiss or withdraw a divorce petition


If you have decided that you do not want to go ahead with your divorce or the other party is not co-operating and you want to issue your own petition. If you need help with an element of your divorce that is not listed here then please contact us to discuss whether we can assist you. If we are unable to we will point you in the direction of someone who can.

Preparation of defended divorce petition


We can help you prepare this document but this is a specialised area of law, so you may need legal advice. We are able to point you in the direction of highly skilled family solicitors.

Preparation of A divorce petition


It is important that the divorce petition is correctly completed otherwise the Court may reject it and charge you a further fee to amend the petition. We will help you fill in your divorce petition correctly and prevent the risks of delay and your petition being rejected by the Court therefore incurring additional costs. This is particularly important if you are defending the petition or you do not agree to pay the other party’s costs.

We can help you complete this document which is required in order to progress your case to decree absolute. You cannot get a final financial order ( consent Order) without it. We can help you.

Application for decree absolute


We can help you complete this application which is required before generic viagra online you can remarry. Decree absolute is the final document which confirms that you are no longer legally married so that you can progress your divorce.

Application for bailiff service


If you are applying for a bailiff to serve the divorce petition upon your husband or wife we can help you complete this application so that you can progress your divorce


We operate nationwide and our assistants are available to attend court with you or prepare documents at short notice.

Tel: 0161 924 2390
Tel: 07725 214 414

Please feel free to contact us using the form below.



Family Law Friend is the trading name of Family Law Friend Ltd. This is a help and support service only. This is NOT a legal advice service.

Although we are qualified solicitors we do not hold practicing certificates to enable us to advise you as to the merits of your case. Our family law assistants are acting in the capacity of case preparation assistants as opposed to legal advisers and therefore we will not be responsible for any adverse decisions in your case resulting from documents that we have helped you prepare or guidance given to you prior to or during proceedings.

If you require advice as to the merits of your application or on what to say in statements and or applications, you should consult a practicing solicitor, one that is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority

Family Law Friend is a trading name of family law friend limited which is not regulated by the solicitors regulation authority (SRA)